How you can travel from Europe to the United States
Are you or your friend are intending to travel to the United States from Europe? If so, then you need to consider some essential things to make your trip safer and easier.
The United States is one of the dream destinations for tourists and other people, especially business personalities. Therefore, you should be aware of things this article will mention below so that you can manage your U.S. travel from Europe.
First of all, you should have followed two major conditions to travel to the U.S. from Europe:
- A valid passport with of at least six months
- Valid visa allotted through a U.S. Consular official
- Valid credit card
- Complete contact information
- Employment information, if needed
Is visa required?
Visa issuance is the most essential part to travel from one country to another. However, to travel from Europe to the United States there are some exceptions.
Under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), as mentioned here at ESTA online, the countries do not need a visa, especially if the travelers are just business personalities or normal visitors. Although, the only condition for mentioned countries lies in the fact that no violation should be committed by any person traveling from the above-mentioned countries of Europe to the United States.
Requirements for business travelers under VWP
With the sole purpose to travel from Europe to the United States, as a business tourist, you need to fulfill the following requirements;
- Applicant must have the citizenship of the country from where he or she intended to apply visa to the United States
- Applicant must involve in business dealings only at a commercial level like negotiating dealings
- Applicant must attend business, educational, or scientific meetings, seminars, or conferences
- Applicant must conduct research-based activities, individually
Requirements for normal visitors under VWP
For European visitors, there are some requirements, as mentioned below, to be followed to travel to the United States:
- Before traveling from Europe to the United States, candidates must have permission to fly under VWP through ESTA
- Applicants must have their valid criminal or legal records
- Passport must be valid
- Applicants must not have been deported or arrested before in the United States
- Applicants must not have been overstayed in the U.S. under VWP
Complete your Visa Application to know your visa condition
Before you arrange your trip to the U.S. you should completely understand the visa application requirements. Therefore, for doing this, you should visit the ESTA application form that is available online.
Under the VWP, you must have complete authorization before traveling to the U.S. from Europe through ESTA. In addition, you should be aware of the fact that once you gain ESTA authorization, then you do not need to have authorization for two years after the issuance date of your ESTA authorization. However, you must contact with relevant officials to confirm your travel approval 72 hours earlier to the time of your flight to the United States.
Through the online system of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, you can complete your ESTA application, online. Besides, you can also pay your visa fee online, if needed. ESTA form costs $14 per candidate and credit cards can be used for online payments for ESTA application.
Rules you should follow for transit purposes
Besides all the requirements and other support provided online by ESTA, you should be aware of many other transit rules to make your travel protected and smooth, when flying towards the U.S. from Europe. In fact, you should know that in the United States, there are no such criteria of transit, technical, but still, you need to know transit rule. Major transit rules you should follow, when travel from Europe to the United States, are mentioned below;
- In case of a direct international flight, you must clear customs
- You must have already fulfilled your passport and visa requirements so that you can proceed through customs and immigration
- Customs and immigration will be your first port, in case you are connected with a domestic flight of U.S. and, therefore, you should go through customs for rechecking
So, at this point, you will be aware of the way to travel from Europe to the United States. In addition, in the case of international travelers other than European countries, rules are almost the same, but there are some other things to consider. For example, if you are traveling from Mexico to the U.S. then you do not need to have a visa and passport, but a Border Crossing Card (BCC). Also, with the BCC card, you can only travel within 55 miles of range into the United States.
Other requirements to travel from countries other than Europe to the United States, you need to have a valid passport and visa authorization along with other documents involving police character certificate, original national ID card, previous traveling records if needed, bank statements, clearly stated purpose of visit, and last, but not least, you must pass customs and immigration laws of the United States.