In honor of the 4th of July, we created a quiz about U.S. history that every American should know. You will surprise yourself with the results and will have better barbeque banter for this 4th of July weekend!
The famous 4th of July event, Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, started back in 1916. How did it start?
- As a promotion for Nathan’s that began with two employees friendly wager.
- As a way to settle a dispute among four immigrants as to who was the most patriotic.
- To get rid of an excess amount of hot dogs made that year.
The Democratic Party’s donkey symbol was derived from who/what?
- During an election, Andrew Jackson’s opponents called him a jackass
- A donkey was let loose at an early democratic party
Was Rosa Parks ejected by the bus driver only once?
The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech, religion, press, assembly and…
The first person to walk on the moon was…
- Buzz Aldrin
- Neil Armstrong
- John Glenn
Former President Richard Nixon was nicknamed “Tricky Dick” because
- His shifty, calculating political style
- His great bowling ability
- On and off sex drive with the ladies
Christopher Columbus landed where in 1492?
The term America is derived from who/what?
- The indigenous American Indian tribe
- Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci
- Early Spanish settlers named it because “Rica” means rich and bountiful.