These creamy chicken chimichangas will make you want to do a happy dance! ??
CREAMY CHICKEN CHIMICHANGA
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, diced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 cups rotisserie chicken
1 cup corn
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
8 ounces cream cheese
6 flour tortillas
2 cups cheese blend
Oil for frying
1. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeño to a lightly oiled sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper, then cook until onions are translucent.
2. Once veggies are fully cooked add in chicken, corn, cumin, and paprika. Mix together until fully combined.
3. Remove chicken from the heat and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add in cream cheese and mix until chicken becomes creamy.
5. Using a medium-sized ice cream scooper. Scoop out 2 portions of creamy chicken and place on flour tortilla. Top with cheese blend then roll tightly into a burrito.
6. Preheat oil to 325ºF/170ºC.
7. Place burrito into shallow oil, flap side down to create a seal and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides or until golden brown.
8. Top with sour cream and pico de gallo.
If you enjoy the content please Share it and Follow Us through social media! As well as leaving a Comment,an Upvote & your Reactions down below!