Bethany Lutheran College (BLC) is a private residential liberal arts college in Mankato, Minnesota
Bethany Ladies College opened in 1911 with 44 students and a faculty of four. In 1927, the Norwegian Synod of the American Evangelical Lutheran Church (now known as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod) purchased the campus for dual use as both a high school (Bethany Lutheran High School; closed in 1969) and junior college (Bethany Lutheran College). In 1946 Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary (BLTS) began as a department of the college; in 1975 it became a separate institution.
In 2001 Bethany awarded its first baccalaureate degrees, completing a five year transition from its 74-year history as a junior college.