Girl About Town
MAC Girl About Town Lipglass ($17.00 for 0.10 fl. oz.) is a rich, medium-dark fuchsia pink with fine violet and white pearl. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in one layer, while the texture covered the lips with even, smooth color with almost no visible settling into my lip lines. The high-shine finish gave the illusion of plumper, fuller, and smoother lips, too. The gloss stayed on well for six hours and was lightly hydrating.
The Lipglass formula is supposed to be “pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic color” that can be worn “on its own, over lip pencil or lipstick” and will “condition lips.” MAC could use an update on the description as some shades are more pigmented than others but several are sheerer and likely intended to be that way. The formula has a very glossy, high-shine finish with a light-medium weight and moderate tackiness. I find that newer Lipglasses (over the last couple of years) are smoother and not quite as tacky as the formula was many years ago. They wear from three to six hours on me and are usually lightly hydrating. MAC recently updated the shade range and packaging for the range (though the formula was said to be unchanged), so worth noting is that with that packaging change came a reduction in quantity to 0.10 fl. oz. (was 0.17 fl. oz.), which may matter for some but not everyone.
- Anastasia Electro (-, $16.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- YSL Violine Surrealiste (26) (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Maybelline Opalescent Orchid (515) (P, $8.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Ultramarine Pink (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Scandal (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Priscilla (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Rosy Future (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- MAC Let’s Stay Together (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 207 Candy Pink (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- MAC Embrace Me (LE, $17.00) is lighter, brighter (85% similar).
MAC Lipglass Girl About Town
MAC Misbehaving Lipglass ($17.00 for 0.10 fl. oz.) is a brighter, medium lavender with warmer, pink undertones and a milky, cream finish. It had semi-opaque color payoff that covered evenly without streaking, but there was color that pulled into my lip lines. The gloss was light-to-medium in weight, smooth with some tackiness, and spreadable. It wore well for four and a half hours on me and was lightly moisturizing.
MAC Lipglass Misbehaving
MAC Heroine Lipglass ($17.00 for 0.10 fl. oz.) is a bright, medium-dark magenta purple with warm, pink undertones and fine fuchsia and violet pearl. It had semi-opaque pigmentation, which applied decently but was surprisingly hard to apply evenly in places–I felt like it just wasn’t adhering as well to my lips in some areas. The texture was smooth, moderately tacky, and not too thick or too thin. The color wore well for five and a half hours and was slightly moisturizing.
- MAC Itchy & Scratchy & Sexy (LE, $17.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Nine (Watercolor) (LE, ) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bittersweet (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
- Cle de Peau Fast Lane (15) (P, $48.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- MAC How Chic is This (LE, $20.00) (85% similar).
- MAC Narcissus (LE, $20.00) is more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Love You Big Time (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
- MAC Dilly Dazzle (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Truth or Dare (208) (DC, $28.00) is darker, more muted (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 501 Purple (P, $19.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
MAC Lipglass Heroine
MAC Divebar Lipglass ($17.00 for 0.10 fl. oz.) is a medium purple with cool, blue undertones and lighter blue and silver pearl. It was a neat shade and one I haven’t really seen often, but the gloss just applied so poorly to lips–streaky, uneven, and incredibly prone to settling into my lip lines–that wasn’t workable on its own. The coverage was semi-sheer to medium but not buildable beyond that. The texture felt smooth, moderately tacky, and not too thick or too thin, and the gloss still wore longer at five hours.
MAC Lipglass Dive Bar
MAC Lipglass $17.00/0.10
If you enjoy the content please Share it and Follow Us through social media! As well as leaving a Comment, an Upvote & your Reactions down below!