Faulkner University is a private Christian university, located in Montgomery, Alabama
Faulkner University is affiliated with the Church of Christ. The University was founded in 1942 as Montgomery Bible School. In 1953 the school’s name was changed to Alabama Christian College (ACC). In 1965, the college was moved to its present location on Atlanta Highway. 1975 marked the beginning of the school’s satellite campuses in Mobile, Huntsville and Birmingham. In 1985, the school was renamed to Faulkner University in honor of Dr. James H. Faulkner, Sr., a longtime supporter and chairman of the board.
Athletic events and daily chapel services are held in Tine Davis Gymasium. The university has added the Student Multiplex, which includes a weight room, racquetball courts, a running track, basketball/volleyball courts, a game room, and four new classrooms. Football has recently been added to the varsity sports program at Faulkner.
The university has five dormitories for students. Burton and Baldwin and a new dormitory that opened in August 2012 provide housing for upperclass male students while Davis dorm provides housing for freshmen men. Harris dormitory provides housing for women. Upperclassmen who are either a senior or 21 years or older are able to live in the Harrison apartments which offer a living area consisting of four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a fully equipped kitchen and a laundry room. The J. L. Perry Building contains the school’s cafeteria, a coffee shop, the post office, and the book store.